I’m always on the search for healthy, protein-rich foods that double as both snacks and desserts for my kids. Enter the Chia Seed Fruit Salad. With just a few minutes of prep and 30 minutes in the refrigerator, you can enjoy this treat in no time. My kids did not like the zest orange zest one bit, and they are not fans of raisins or shredded coconut, so I omitted those for the second batch. Definitely used sweetened non-dairy milk, or add some raw local honey or grade b maple syrup to sweeten the liquid mixture before pouring it on top of the fruit.
Chia Seed Fruit Salad by Food Babe
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups nut milk or non-dairy milk of your choice (or use my Homemade Almond Milk or Homemade Oat Milk!)
- 4 cups of diced fruit of your choice (I used blueberries and strawberries)
- ¼ cup currants or raisins or goji berries (we omitted)
- zest of one orange (we omitted)
- juice of one orange
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup shredded coconut (we omitted)
3. Pour ½ cup mixture on top of fruit in bowls.
4. Top fruit bowls with shredded coconut.
5. Refrigerate fruit bowls for at least 30 mins (or chill overnight).